- Do you have a strong legal back and are looking to lead a team of leaders & broader team of Solicitors, Technical Specialists and Business Support within IR's Legal Services team.
- Be committed to leading, developing, coaching and supporting your people.
- Permanent, full-time role, multiple locations!
Inland Revenue plays a critical role in improving the economic and social wellbeing of New Zealanders. We do this by collecting and distributing money, we collect 80% of the Crown's revenue and distribute social support payments.
We're offering great flexibility, support and development opportunities unique to you and your aspirations so that you can bring your whole self to work and thrive with us.
Mō mātou | About us
The Legal Services team is a shared service which provides advice, support, dispute resolution, litigation and tax technical services for Inland Revenue and works closely with Inland Revenue's customer segments. They're part of Customer and Compliance Services - Business. Legal Services is one of the largest government in-house legal teams supporting a diverse range of customers and are based across six sites across New Zealand.
Ngā Tauwāhi Wātea | Locations Available
Opportunity to be based in one of our main sites in:
Mō te tūnga | About the role
You will be a leader of leaders and a key member of the Legal Services leadership team. You will work collaboratively, ensuring the delivery of high-quality advice and services that meet the needs of our customers. You'll work closely with leaders across IR to support strategic organisational and government priorities. Some travel is required given team locations.
Day to day you will:
- Lead and manage your teams to support our trusted business partner model through ensuring your teams:- Know and understand our customers world to provide and adapt the support and services provided
- Are solutions focused
- Provide timely and fit for purpose services.
- Successfully lead, coach and develop Technical Leads within Legal Services to build their and their teams' capability and deliver better business outcomes.
- Identify opportunities for capability uplift, development of solutions for customers, and to support continuous improvement, whilst effectively managing workflow and services.
- Understand and support the role of government lawyers.
- Drive the enhancement of IR's responsiveness to Maori, influencing and coaching colleagues to ensure these priorities are embedded into all aspects of our culture and delivery.
Mōu | About you
To be successful in this position you will possess the following attributes:
- Passionate and committed to leading, developing, coaching and supporting your people. Embrace building teams with a collaborative and inclusive culture, focussed on delivering high quality advice and services.
- Proven ability to manage and deliver across diverse workflows and work streams.
- Well respected for your legal capability with a curiosity and drive to maintain & enhance your expertise.
- Champion the networked way of working, supporting and enabling agility & collaboration.
- Comfortable in delivering at both the strategic and day to day level.
- Have strong relationship management skills to engage effectively across IR, the Customer Segments we support, as well as across government and the broader legal community.
- A law degree and admission as a Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court.
This is a fantastic opportunity to coach and lead a team of leaders and the broader team of Solicitors, Technical Specialists and Business Support within Inland Revenue's Legal Services team. We offer an agile environment and flexible work practices where you'll be encouraged to innovate and prioritise your professional development to achieve your career goals.
Tono mai | Apply here
Please apply online, attach a copy of your CV and Cover Letter outlining how you meet the role requirements as outlined here.
For specific queries and a copy of the role description please email [email protected] and one of our team members will be in touch with you.
Applications close on 5pm, 31st Jan 2022.