Director of Proceedings - Wellington
Permanent, Full-Time Position
The Health and Disability Commissioner promotes and protects the rights of health and disability services consumers and facilitates the fair and efficient resolution of complaints relating to infringements of those rights.
The Director of Proceedings exercises independent statutory functions under the Health and Disability Commissioner Act 1994. As Director, you will report to the Commissioner and independently decide whether to bring proceedings before the Health Practitioners Disciplinary Tribunal or the Human Rights Review Tribunal or both. You will lead a small litigation team based in Wellington.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced litigator to play a key role in New Zealand’s medico-legal system.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- At least seven years post-qualification experience
- A proven track record in managing and undertaking litigation
- The ability to contribute to the strategic leadership of HDC
- The ability to exercise independent judgement
- A reputation for personal integrity and professional objectivity
- The ability to work with consumers in an empathetic and professional manner
- Experience managing staff
Position Description here.
For more information, contact Jane Temel, Kaiwhakahaere | Director at Niche Recruitment on 021 499 902.
Closing date: Friday, 30th September 2022