Associate General Counsel & Company Secretary
- Excellence, integrity, inclusion and opportunity
- Highly respected business
- Auckland CBD location
A fantastic career opportunity with a recognised market leader, where you can combine your exceptional legal background with your leadership skill.
About the role
Based in their Auckland Head Office, with flexibility to WFH, the Associate General Counsel reports to the GM Legal and Governance.
You will take ownership to facilitate the implementation and operation of the NZ business legal and governance strategy. You will apply strong business knowledge to ensure the successful implementation of initiatives that drive business strategy. As an integral leader of the legal and governance team, you will support development and coach junior members of the team including their direct reports.
Flexibility is assured, excellent remuneration and great benefits await you in this values-centric business with a fantastic culture!
What we’re looking for
- A lawyer with at least 10+ years’ top quality post-admission experience who holds or is entitled to hold a current NZ legal practising certificate
- Experience in generalist legal counsel including company secretariat, commercial contracting, intellectual property, privacy, and marketing
- Experience in financial services is preferred but not essential
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and able to interact at executive board level
- People leadership and in-house legal experience advantageous
About the company
Our client is one of New Zealand’s most enduring companies and has been supporting their clients and communities for more than 165 years. Their purpose – helping people create their tomorrow. They are committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace, supporting their communities and caring for the environment.
How do I apply?
Alternatively, contact us directly and quote reference number 1370520.
We have a range of terrific inhouse and private practice roles for lawyers at all levels. If this role isn’t for you but you’d like to hear about what else is available, give us a call. We’d love to hear from you.
Lara Gordon BA LLB (Hons)
027 349 6352 | [email protected]
Kathryn Cross BMus LLB
027 700 8049 | [email protected]
At Artemis Executive Recruitment, we connect remarkable people with great places to work.