About The Compliance Company
We are a bespoke consultancy firm operating in the financial service and credit industry in New Zealand. We are looking for a professional with 3-6 years’ experience as a lawyer to join our team as an adviser.
This is a great role for someone who is looking to transition out of a law firm and wants to use the skills they have obtained in an environment which provides practical and commercial solutions to clients. Remuneration and expectations will be based on the level of experience to date.
About the Role
In this role you will be working in a collaborative and supportive environment with a strong team culture. This is an innovative, and at times busy, role which will suit someone who is motivated, proactive, efficient, keen to learn, and a team player. In this role you will be involved in all aspects of consultancy within financial services which includes the following:
- Using the skills that you have obtained in a law firm to interpret legislation and regulations for clients in a way that is commercially practical and able to be implemented by a business.
- Developing an in-depth understanding of a clients' business including their regulatory obligations, compliance functions, operational and governance structures.
- Collaborating internally and externally to provide clients with commercially practical solutions to issues they may be facing.
- Developing governance, risk and compliance frameworks that are suitable to client's needs.
- Providing training to clients on their regulatory obligations.
- Assisting clients with their regulatory obligations under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013, including assisting with obtaining a license and ongoing maintenance of their licence.
- Assisting clients with their regulatory obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering the Financing of Terrorism Act 2009, Financial Service Providers (Registration and Dispute Resolution) Act 2008 and other financial services related legislation and regulations.
- Interacting with regulators, auditors and lawyers within the financial services industry.
This is a dynamic role which the right candidate will be able to make their own. Support and training will be provided for those transitioning out of a law firm.
Requirements for the Role
The requirements for this role are as follows:
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB).
- Minimum three years working as a solicitor in a law firm.
- Legally authorised to work in New Zealand.
- Exposure to financial services laws.
- Exposure to AML/CFT requirements.
- Excellent drafting skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
Have you completed a qualification in law?