Team Leader - Professional Standards - Wellington
- Lead and develop a high performing team.
- Challenging and intellectually stimulating work.
- Fantastic team culture of openness, positivity, and collaboration.
The Medical Council of New Zealand is the regulator for doctors. It protects the public interest by registering doctors to practise medicine in New Zealand, setting standards, ensuring compliance with those standards, and taking action where concerns are raised.
A fabulous opportunity for an experienced people leader with analytical skills and a high degree of initiative has arisen to join this busy, high performing and collaborative team.
As the Team Leader of the Professional Standards team, you will be responsible for overseeing conduct and competence cases relating to medical practitioners that are referred to the Medical Council. You will provide direct line management to a team of Professional Standards Co-ordinators and provide direct oversight of the team’s day to day caseload.
To be successful in this role you will need to be a competent and experienced team leader, who is good with people and passionate about coaching and developing others. You will need to lead your team to deliver efficient and robust outcomes that focus on the Medical Council’s obligations to protect the public by ensuring the fitness to practice of medical practitioners. You may have experience in a legal, regulatory or healthcare leadership role, and have some familiarity with professional disciplinary processes.
You will also identify opportunities for the Medical Council to improve its delivery of regulatory functions including recommendations for changes to policy, processes, and training.
This is a role that will offer interesting, varied and stimulating work. You will report to the Manager, Professional Standards and Accreditation.
Ideal Person Profile:
- Experience in managing professional regulatory or compliance case work
- Well-developed communication skills with the ability to produce high quality written work
- Strong oral and presentation skills
- Experience in the health sector or familiarity with the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act 2003 would be advantageous
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Committed to looking for ways to improve and develop people and processes
- Enthusiasm and a great attitude
Applications close: 5pm, Tuesday 21 August 2018
Applications to: Emily Douglas, Manager, Professional Standards and Accreditation at email@example.com