Solicitor L1 – Litigation - Corrections - Wellington
Vacancy Number: CSNO11918
Closing Date: Wednesday 16th October, 11.30pm
Location: National Office, Wellington
Recruitment Contact: Daniza Galinovic, Recruitment@corrections.govt.nz
- Permanent Full time opportunity
- Wellington National Office
The Department operates in an increasingly complex and challenging legal environment and deals with some of New Zealand’s most interesting legal issues.
In this role you will assist with and contribute to, the progression of claims and litigation, including drafting documents, undertaking research and conducting discovery. You’ll assist with the assessment of claims received, work in collaboration with others to work through complex legal issues and provide support to Crown Law and the Crown Solicitor on legal claims involving the Department.
This is a great opportunity for a solicitor who has been in their first few years of practice. Experience or an interest in government legal work is an advantage. As the successful candidate we are seeking requires;
- Thoroughness, accuracy and reliability in legal work,
- Excellent relationship management skills,
- Highly effective written and communication skills,
- An orderly and systematic approach to case management,
- An ability to identify risks and negotiate effective solutions,
- A proven ability to plan, prioritise and meet deadlines,
- A Bachelor of Laws and current or shortly upcoming eligibility for a NZ Law Society practising certificate.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn and grow with a team that is focused on providing exemplary legal services. Sounds like you? Apply now!
As part of your application, please provide a covering letter outlining your suitability for this role. The salary range for this role is $66,411 - $93,756. Appointment will be based on skills and experience relevant to the role.
Corrections embraces diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace. We recognise and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and celebrate the collective talent of all employees.