Solicitor - Bay of Plenty
This is a unique opportunity for a motivated and experienced Solicitor to join the Bay of Plenty Regional Council’s legal team.
This is an intermediate role with organisation-wide responsibilities and a mandate for assisting capability and understanding of legal matters across the Council.
The Bay of Plenty Regional Council’s complex regulatory frameworks provide the scope for using your skills and developing new ones across a wide range of corporate activities including procurement, risk management, and number of functional areas (such as RMA, Biodiversity, Official Information).
Reporting to the In-House Legal Counsel, you will provide in-house legal advisory services and ensure external legal services received by the organisation are managed effectively.
- A tertiary degree qualification in Law, and hold a current practicing certificate
- Admission as a Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand
- At least 3-5 years post qualification experience,
- Excellent technical skills, drafting and negotiation experience.
The position will be located in Tauranga. With offices based in Mount Maunganui, Tauranga, Rotorua and Whakatane, Bay of Plenty Regional Council offers the work/life balance dreams are made of. Highlights include:
- NZ's favourite beach is a maximum of 1.5 hours from our offices.
- A region that covers some of NZ's most beautiful countryside.
- Recreational lakes within an hours travel from each of our offices.
The recruitment salary midpoint for this position will be approximately $84,000 and will be determined depending on the skills and experience of the successful applicant. Salary progression will be based on successful delivery of performance indicators.
For a copy of the job description and to submit applications, please click here. Applications close 5pm, Sunday 29th October 2017 and will be accepted online only.
Phone Donna Llewell, In-House Legal Counsel on 0800 884 880, for all other queries. Bay of Plenty Regional Council is a member of the Equal Employment Opportunity Trust.