Senior Solicitor - Wellington
- 12 months with extension potential (fixed term or secondment).
- Analysis, interpretation and advice relating to the Holidays Act 2003.
- Contribute to the development of policy to achieve Programme objectives.
Education Infrastructure Service (EIS) as a part of the Ministry manages one of the largest property portfolios in New Zealand, composed of over 2,100 primary and secondary State schools and over 8,000 hectares of land with a carrying value of $17.2 billion. EIS is also responsible for managing school payroll, school transport and for the delivery of information communication technology in schools. EIS undertakes around 3,000 projects per annum; a combination of Ministry and School led projects costing at least $800m per annum.
About the role
The Senior Solicitor role sits within the Education Payroll group that is responsible for the schools payroll service. You will play an integral part within the Schools Payroll Holidays Act Programme that has been set up to ensure the schools payroll complies with the Holidays Act 2003, including resolving past non-compliance and ensuring future compliance.
The Senior Solicitor is responsible for providing guidance and support to the Programme including legal advice, analysis and interpretation of the Holidays Act and input into policy that deals with identified issues and constraints to achieving compliance.
You will work closely with the Programme Director to support, facilitate and contribute to the goals and objectives of the Programme.
Please note that there is more information in the Position Description attached.
To be successful in this role, you need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Current practicing certificate and at least seven years PQE
- Experience in employment law, preferably with expertise in the Holidays Act
- Ability to assess critically the legal implications of policy analysis
- Strong research, investigative, analytical, logical and problem solving skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships across a diverse group
- Strong advisory capability, with effective written and verbal communication skills.
Please review the Position Description and if this opportunity interests you, and you meet the requirements, apply now using the ‘Apply Online' button here.
For further information please contact Stephanie Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close midnight - Sunday 12 August 2018.