Senior Solicitor Commercial - Wellington
Location: Wellington, National Office
Vacancy Number: COSNO9418
We seek an energetic and practical senior solicitor to provide expert advice in relation to the Department’s commercial legal area. The Department handles a high volume of diverse, complex and high value / high risk commercial transactions and the appointee will have the professional experience necessary to provide advice and support on those transactions (for example such as drafting, negotiations attendance / assistance and advice work on contract interpretation issues).
We need an insightful lawyer who;
- Holds a practising certificate
- Has significant contracting and commercial experience
- Is skilled in legal research and statutory interpretation
- Is interested in the Justice sector
- Has the capability and motivation to mentor colleagues
- Communicates well and exercises inter-personal skills
- Demonstrates integrity
- Works efficiently and effectively
- Has at least six years post admission legal experience.
This role will report to the Legal Manager – Commercial.
We can offer you a stimulating and challenging role in an organisation working and moving forward together.
Corrections embraces diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace. We recognise and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and celebrate the collective talent of all employees.
All applications must be submitted online via our recruitment system.
Applications close: 17 May 2018.
To apply, please click here.