Senior Solicitor - Auckland
We are New Zealand's largest trustee services organisation and are passionate about helping thousands of families and businesses look after what is important to them. We help our customers preserve the present and secure their future, by providing expert wills and estate administration services. We also provide specialist advice on a full range of estate planning services including; legal, financial, investment, trusts and estate protection.
This role sits within the Legal and Governance team, who are responsible for providing legal support services across the organisation. Reporting to the General Counsel Retail and operating in a close knit team, you will deal with a range of clients and be involved in structuring, negotiating and acting as a professional trustee on a range of trust, wills and estate matters across our Retail network. You will also provide leadership, management and mentoring to all members of the Retail Legal team.
Other key responsibilities in this role are to:
- Develop, lead and inspire the team to deliver high standard of performance and continuous improvement
- Foster an accountable and delivery focused team
- Maintain a customer centric performance culture
- Partner with the business through proactive engagement with stakeholders and provide information relevant to key decisions
As an experienced Solicitor you will have a strong eye for detail, superior organisation skills and thrive under pressure. The successful candidate will have excellent time management and the ability to deliver a high standard of work within set targets and deadlines. You will enjoy working as part of a team, but also be able to work well autonomously.
In addition you will need:
- LLB with a minimum of eight years PQE and minimum of five years' experience in relevant areas of law: Trusts and estates law;
- Litigation experience is desirable, but not essential
- A current New Zealand Law Society practising certificate
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with people at all levels
This is a role with variety, where no two days are the same. You will work with various teams based across New Zealand to help deliver quality outcomes to our customers. This role will allow you the autonomy and flexibility to get involved in project work that helps ensure the ongoing improvement of systems and processes. If this sounds like you, apply now and don't miss this exciting opportunity!
To view the job description and apply online, visit us at https://careers.publictrust.co.nz/home and enter the job code 22900SEK.
Applications close on Tuesday, 24 April 2018.