Senior Legal Counsel - Auckland
- Ideal senior in-house opportunity for banking and finance lawyer
- Unique, high value legal work
- Highly engaged, collaborative legal team culture
- Auckland CBD
Here is an ideal, high quality senior in-house role for an accomplished banking and finance lawyer seeking new challenge and opportunity within a highly engaged, collaborative legal team.
As a senior member of this high performing in-house banking legal team, you will be responsible for providing sound, timely and effective legal advice to an area of strategic importance to the business, ensuring our client's ongoing success. The legal work will have a strong transaction focus, with the opportunity for involvement in high profile, complex funding transactions with both domestic and global dimensions. Given the strategic importance of the legal work, you will have high visibility with senior executives and develop your own profile and valued relationships as a trusted business advisor. In addition to the transaction work, there is also the opportunity to work more broadly in other legal areas (including on product, risk, compliance and regulatory matters), and contribute to projects across the wider legal team and business. You will manage external lawyers, develop relationships with industry groups and provide mentoring support to other lawyers in the legal team.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Tertiary qualification in law and current NZ practicing certificate (or eligibility to hold one)
- Approximately 10 years' PQE in banking and finance law with sound technical legal ability
- Deep transactional experience, in areas of wholesale funding or structured finance
- Common sense, pragmatic, solutions-focused approach
- Ability to manage priorities and work flexibly in a fast-paced, complex business environment
- A positive, team focused approach with excellent communication skills.
Whether you are a senior banking and finance lawyer seeking to transition to your first in-house role, or an accomplished in-house lawyer motivated for new challenge and opportunity, we would love to hear from you! With unique and challenging legal work on offer, set within a highly engaged legal team renowned in the market for their friendly, authentic and collaborative team culture, this is an exciting career opportunity not to be missed!
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact Jennifer Williams at Williams Legal Recruitment on 027 220 8003 or email email@example.com