Senior Legal Counsel - Wellington
We are now recruiting for an experienced lawyer for a 6 month fixed term role. We are looking for a skilled, enthusiastic commercial lawyer to join our team to temporarily lead our Legal, Risk and Compliance function. This role will involve working alongside the Senior Management Team and the Board to provide effective delivery of legal services.
With broad experience in corporate/commercial law you will work on a variety of projects and other legal matters across our business. Examples of previous work might include: advising management teams and boards on governance matters, advising on consumer law issues or the delivery of new technology products, reviewing compliance documentation and contract reviews. We are looking for a confident self-manager to be the legal lead for our business including the management of external legal providers. You will get great experience working for a growing technology company who is passionate about delivering fair electricity choices to consumers.
To be successful in this role we are looking for someone who:
- has between 5-10 year PQE (although we will be flexible for the right candidate)
- can demonstrate leadership and good judgment
- is approachable and collaborative and who has exceptional relationship management skills
- provides pragmatic and commercial legal advice to enable the business to focus on delivering value for our customers
- has experience in an in house environment, or within a law firm corporate/commercial team - experience with energy / technology / regulated industries would be beneficial
- works hard to get stuff done, manages risk, preserves company value and helps drive growth.
Flick is a friendly and supportive team and will have the opportunity to work alongside senior members of the organisation.
For more information or to apply contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close 15th February.