Senior Lawyer or Lawyer, Permanent - Wellington
- Do you take pride on delivering excellent legal services?
- Are you solution focused, with initiative and sound judgement?
- Are you flexible and adaptable to changing priorities?
About Ministry of Social Development
The Ministry of Social Development (MSD) is the lead agency for the social sector. We help the Government to set priorities across the sector, co-ordinate the actions of other social sector agencies and track changes in the social wellbeing of New Zealanders.
About the Team
MSD Legal provides professional legal advice and advocacy services to all areas of the Ministry. We advise frontline and National Office staff on a diverse range of matters including welfare, human rights, privacy, media, contracts, and employment law. We work closely with Parliamentary Counsel and legal teams in other departments on law reform.
About the Role
Reporting to Team Manager, Public Law the successful applicant will have a genuine desire to work in the public service, strong understanding of the machinery of government, and experience advising on policy and legislative reform. Our team just went through a change process and we are looking for someone with energy, drive and passion to develop and maintain successful relationships across the team, with clients, and with external stakeholders.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience
- Well-developed influencing skills
- Proficiency at building client relationships
- Good understanding of the legislative process and machinery of government
- Strong innovation and collaborative focus
- Current practicing certificate
How to apply
If this sounds like you, please apply online with your CV and cover letter. Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the Position Description.
Internal MSD Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
Closing date: 23 July 2018