Senior Lawyer - OceanaGold - Dunedin
- Great Location – Dunedin.
- Permanent – Full Time position.
- Monday to Friday business hours.
Are you looking for a fresh challenge? OceanaGold has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Lawyer to join the team. You will provide legal advice on contracts, agreements, property transactions and other commercial and contractual relationships the company enters into. You will provide general legal advice where required to manage legal risks and safeguard the Company’s legal interests.
You will provide support in a busy, exciting, and challenging phase of the Company’s life cycle. We’re after a self-starting motivated individual who can hit the ground running within this busy environment.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Review and provide legal support and advice in respect of all Principal’s Representatives’ activities
- Assist OceanaGold managers and senior personnel to monitor and enforce the performance of all commercial contracts
- Provide advice on and legal support for property related matters including land access, land acquisitions and land holdings
- Provide support with legal aspects of human resources, health and safety and workforce/human rights governance
The successful candidate will have:
- A Practicing Certificate and a minimum of 10 years PQE
- A thorough understanding of commercial and contractual documentation and practice
- Full and current driver license, ability to drive manual vehicles is required
- Advanced interpersonal, negotiation, communication and analytical skills
A full, clean and current driving license is essential and confidence driving a manual vehicle is preferred. You must be able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing.
Who are we?
Check us out - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3GLDMsEkHA
About the Company:
OceanaGold Corporation is a mid-tier, multinational gold producer with assets in the Philippines, New Zealand and the United States. On the North Island of New Zealand, the Company operates the high-grade Waihi Gold Mine while on the South Island; the Company operates the country’s largest gold mine, the Macraes Goldfield.
At OceanaGold, health and safety is paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviors that align with our values.
Click here to apply now.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | INTEGRITY | TEAMWORK | INNOVATION | ACTION | ACCOUNTABILITY
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close 23 August 2019, however short listing will commence immediately
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.