Senior Investigator x 2 - Auckland
- Auckland or Wellington based
- Strong analytical skills essential
- Experience in handling investigations
- A law degree and/or a clinical background desirable
The purpose of the Health and Disability Commissioner is to promote and protect health and disability services consumers' rights and to facilitate the fair and efficient resolution of complaints relating to infringement of those rights.
We are looking for two experienced senior investigators. This role has a strong focus on handling complex investigations, and on supporting the Associate Commissioner Investigations through coaching of less experienced investigators and assisting with quality assurance.
You must have proven investigation experience at an advanced level (4 years+) - preferably in the health and disability sector; leadership ability to assist with training of new team members; and coaching skills. A relevant health or law tertiary qualification is an advantage.
To be successful within the investigations team, you will need:
- Experience in and knowledge of investigations, preferably in the health and disability or complaints jurisdiction sectors
- Ability to think critically and analyse complex factual scenarios
- Ability to manage a number of investigations simultaneously and meet deadlines
- An understanding of the New Zealand health and disability sector, consumer rights issues and the needs of health and disability consumers
- Highly developed communication and writing skills
- A demonstrated focus on quality and attention to detail
- An appropriate tertiary qualification.
All applicants must complete an HDC application form in order to be considered. Please visit the HDC website for the application form and position description.
Applications for this role close 5pm, Monday 11 December 2017.
Please send your completed application form and CV to: Senior HR Advisor, Office of the Health and Disability Commissioner, PO Box 1791, Auckland 1140 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.