Senior Counsel - Supplier (fixed term) - Auckland
*Senior Counsel (up to 6-month fixed term contract) *
A rare opportunity for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to join our Auckland-based Legal team
We are Spark, New Zealand's largest and multi-brand digital services provider offering communications, media, IT products and other services to millions of New Zealand consumers and businesses. Our people are at the heart of enabling Spark to deliver to Spark's purpose 'to help all of New Zealand win big in a digital world'. With our astute customer focus and our progressive, straight up approach to technology (which is evolving every day), we have a thirst for fresh, creative energy to join us in sparking New Zealand's digital future.
About the role/team
This is a 6-month fixed term role based in the Spark legal team in Auckland. You will be responsible for providing, high quality, strategic and outcome-focused legal services to a wide range of Spark business people. Partnering with and working alongside key business stakeholders you will provide advisory and transaction support while ensuring all of Spark's commercial, legal and regulatory objectives are met and balanced appropriately.
You will be part of an award winning and well-supported team and have the autonomy to work in your own way. You will also have the unique opportunity to participate in and help enable Spark's transition to an Agile at scale operating model.
What you need
We would be keen to talk to you if you:
- Are a highly collaborative team player with outstanding communication skills.
- Have a high level of technical legal capability which you adeptly balance with excellent commercial acumen and judgement.
- Hold a law degree and the ability to practice law in New Zealand.
- Are a commercial lawyer with not less than 6-8 years PQE. Ideally you have experience in both in private practice and of working in or closely with an in house legal team.
- Have a demonstrated ability to establish strong relationships with peers and senior stakeholders alike, and to lead by influence.
- Have experience negotiating complex technology-oriented commercial arrangements. Some experience in competition law and regulatory matters would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Have a passion for digital technology and innovation and are dead keen!
Ready for the challenge? Apply now!