Senior Corporate Counsel - Auckland
Following further internal promotions and transfers, we are recruiting for a Senior Corporate Counsel to continue growing Fonterra’s award winning Legal team.
Senior Corporate Counsel:
In this Senior Corporate Counsel opportunity, you will provide legal advice on a range of legal and strategic business issues across Fonterra’s Global Ingredients and Global Operations businesses. Reporting to the General Counsel – Global Ingredients and Global Operations, key responsibilities will include:
- Providing support and leadership to major business projects internationally
- Management of litigation and regulatory issues
- Proactive risk management and initiatives to support business strategy
- Maintaining relationships with key stakeholders in the business
- Providing advice and direction on day-to-day legal issues
You’ll be a senior lawyer with law firm or in-house legal team experience. You’ll bring excellent knowledge of general commercial and business law. As a senior team member, you’re able to provide coaching and leadership while still advising on legal matters.
Applicants for the role will also bring:
- Experience working with major international companies and complex organisations
- Highly developed commercial judgement and acumen
- Strong negotiation and stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence and build partnerships across the wider business and externally
- An agile approach, able to operate in an environment with a high degree of ambiguity and complexity
- The ability to work collaboratively with the business and with other members of the legal team
It’s important to us that our people have high integrity, with the courage to challenge when things don’t seem right. You’re able to work autonomously, take accountability, and act independently when required.
Fonterra is a global, co-operatively-owned company with its roots firmly planted in New Zealand’s rich land, working to unlock every drop of goodness from the 22 billion litres of milk we collect each year and sharing it with the world.
This role is a great opportunity for an exceptional lawyer to join Fonterra in an in-house role – work with autonomy on a variety of matters across Fonterra. The role is challenging, fast-paced, distinctive and highly rewarding. Earlier this year the Fonterra legal team won the Australasian Law Awards NZ In-house Team of the Year for the third year in a row! Enjoy being part of Fonterra’s ongoing success – apply today.
To apply for the Senior Corporate Counsel role, please click here.
Applications close midnight 15th October 2017