Regulatory Affairs Manager - North Shore
Sovereign is the country’s largest life insurer and one of New Zealand’s leading private health insurers, protecting more than 646,000 New Zealanders and their families. In the past financial year, Sovereign paid out more than $350 million to support New Zealanders through illness, allowing them to get access to the best treatment and ensuring their families can continue to pay the bills if the main income earner can’t work or unexpectedly dies. As an employer, Sovereign offers a flexible, inclusive and supportive working environment with opportunities for career growth. There are a wide range of job opportunities available from marketing and finance to technical underwriting and legal services.
Sovereign is no ordinary insurance company. We believe in being the difference in life's moments of truth for our customers. As a values based organisation we believe in putting people first. This not only means our customers but our staff and the community at large. We currently have an exciting newly created opportunity as Regulatory Affairs Manager.
Reporting directly into the Head of Regulatory Affairs, you will be working together to ensure senior management is kept well-informed around key industry issues.
Some of your key areas of responsibility will include:
- You will help build expert knowledge in key industry issues e.g. adviser regulation, prudential regulation, industry codes including draft submissions and co-ordinate ELT and SLT feedback.
- Develop and promote Sovereign’s positions on key issues in the wider industry
- Identify, analyse and help coordinate Sovereign’s response to Government policy, new regulation and regulator or industry body consultation requests
- Prepare and update Sovereign’s regulatory pipeline report
- Support the Government relations strategy to build relationships with government, regulators, industry stakeholders and officials to give Sovereign a clear and respected voice in our industry
- Represent Sovereign at key industry forums e.g. FSC, IFSO, HFANZ as required
- Support regulatory change programmes
- Liaise with Compliance to develop and maintain compliance obligations
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with ELT and SLT colleagues as well as the Legal team
- You will be able to get across the diverse range of subjects and issues that are evident in our industry
- Deal with, and influence effectively, the diverse range of opinion and position across our industry
- Extensive financial services industry experience (preferably insurance)
- Strong experience and knowledge across legal, compliance and regulatory functions
- Ability to build relationships with senior stakeholders and represent our business professionally
- Knowledge or New Zealand government and parliamentary processes
- Relevant tertiary qualification (legal qualification preferred)
- Ability to work autonomously, take ownership and deliver pieces of work
- Research and information management skills and experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification (legal qualifications preferred – 5 PQE and above)
As part of our stated commitment to diversity and inclusion, we cultivate a flexible and supportive work environment that meets the needs of our people and our business. We welcome applications for this role from candidates seeking flexible working arrangements.
AIA is proud to welcome Sovereign into the AIA Group. We are excited about the opportunity to significantly transform and expand our presence in the New Zealand market. We expect to deliver highly positive outcomes for our customers as well as our fantastic team of employees and advisers.
If you have the above skills and experience, please apply!