Property Solicitor - Wellington
- Permanent - Fulltime (Flexible working options available).
- Intermediate level role.
Education Infrastructure Service (EIS) as a part of the Ministry manages one of the largest property portfolios in New Zealand, composed of over 2,100 primary and secondary State schools and over 8,000 hectares of land with a carrying value of $17.2 billion. EIS is also responsible for managing school payroll, school transport and for the delivery of information communication technology in schools. EIS undertakes around 3,000 projects per annum; a combination of Ministry and School led projects costing at least $800m per annum.
About the role
The Property Solicitor role sits within EIS Legal and services multiple business units within EIS including Land and Property and Treaty Settlements. You will play an integral role advising on legal issues with BAU property work together with specialist nationwide projects. You will work with the Director of Property Law together with other central Ministry lawyers, external advisors and EIS business units.
Please note that there is more information in the Position Description attached.
To be successful in this role, you need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- A current practicing certificate and at least three years PQE
- Experience in property law and leasing, preferably with expertise in PWA, designations and treaty settlements
- The ability to assess legal risk and balance with Crown objectives
- Strong analytical and logical problem solving skills
- Strong advisory capability, with effective written and verbal communication skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of the Government Legal Network in one of the largest and busiest property portfolios in New Zealand within a legal team driving innovation and automation in legal operations.
For further information please contact Stephanie Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close midnight - Wednesday 15 August 2018.