Solicitor, Property Rights - Wellington
- Are you an experienced Solicitor with proven land and property expertise?
- Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge (and true work-life balance) in 2019?
- We are looking for a capable and self-starting Solicitor to join our Property Rights business group (located in Wellington).
- Newly created permanent position.
At Land Information New Zealand (LINZ), our key role is to ensure New Zealanders have accurate information about where people and places are, that people have confidence in their property rights and that Crown property is well managed for future generations.
From the best way to develop farm land, build a new suburb, manage a high country farm or navigate on land or at sea, our work and location information help people make better decisions and create economic, social, environmental and cultural value for New Zealand.
This newly created Solicitor position will be responsible for proving expert advice and expertise across LINZ. You will be a qualified, experienced and driven solicitor with a proven understanding of the Torrens registration system and conveyance processes. You will also need to be commercially savvy with exceptional analytical and communication skills, and be comfortable working autonomously but as part of a national team.
Recent private practice experience would be an asset, but is not mandatory, if a working knowledge of conveyancing processes can be otherwise proven.
The role offers you the exciting opportunity to become an expert in complex land registration matters, and to help shape the future of LINZ. You will be part of a work environment which offers true work-life balance and supports professional development.
Our successful applicant will:
- Have a detailed working knowledge of the Land Transfer Act and other relevant NZ legislation
- Have exceptional legal researchand reading comprehension skills, with a focus on detail, and the ability to write in plain English
- Bring proven experience in analysing and evaluating information from a range of information sources, with an interest in analysing and advising on complex survey and title matters
- Draw reasonable and logical conclusions or assumptions from limited information
- Have exceptional stakeholder management skills and bring the willingness to go the extra mile to achieve outcomes
- Have a customer orientated focus and an eye to continuously enhancing the customer experience
- Bring a collaborative and inclusive working style so information is shared and the views and ideas of others are sought out and considered
- Be experienced in performing a range of tasks managing competing demands and achieving the end result within quality parameters and time frames
Click on the ‘Apply online' button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. We are looking for evidence of your suitability for this role.
For further information on this role please contact Louise Pierce, Senior Talent Sourcing Advisor email@example.com.
Applications close at 9.00am on 14 January 2019.