Multiple Risk and Compliance opportunities - Suncorp NZ - Auckland/Wellington
It’s not often opportunities like this come along! Our risk and compliance team is going through a busy and interesting period and as a result, we are expanding our team and capability. Our team would really benefit from your legal experience.
Our team provides support for all of Suncorp New Zealand’s businesses (Vero Insurance, Asteron Life and Vero Liability) including its joint venture partnerships (AA Insurance, AA Life and AA Finance). We support the business with making good decisions to take and manage risks and navigate uncertainty.
We do this across our four teams within our Chief Risk Office of:
- Conduct Risk Management
- Compliance, Assurance and Regulatory Affairs
- Risk, Reporting and Analytics; and
- Enterprise Governance and Corporate Oversight.
We are looking for expressions of interest for roles within our Compliance, Assurance and Regulatory Affairs and Enterprise Governance and Corporate Oversight teams. Bring your legal background from working in either private practice or in-house to enhance these teams. We are looking for outstanding individuals with the following skills and experience:
- 7-10+ years’ experience in legal, risk or compliance management in the financial services sector or supporting the financial services sector from within professional services
- Excellent stakeholder management and interpersonal skills to effectively negotiate, facilitate and influence while preserving and strengthening relationships
- Broad commercial experience at senior levels in either a corporate and/or professional services environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey and explain information succinctly and clearly for different audiences.
We are also seeking expressions of interest from people with specific governance or privacy law experience. For more information, and a copy of the position descriptions for the available roles please visit our careers website: https://www.suncorp.co.nz/careers.html
Suncorp New Zealand is a leading general and life insurance provider. We are part of the Suncorp Group, a Top 20 ASX-listed financial services company with $96 billion in assets, employing over 13,500 people. Our purpose is to ‘create a better today’ for all our customers. It is what drives us and gives meaning to every action we take. Our portfolio of brands means our people can take advantage of the career opportunities that come with a large-scale organisation, while also enjoying the flexibility and flat hierarchy of a small one.
We offer a range of benefits such as:
- Competitive salary and discretionary annual bonus
- Free life, salary continuance and trauma insurance cover
- Flexible leave of up to 4 days per year on top of annual leave allowance
- Discounted insurance through Vero, Asteron Life and Southern Cross
- $250 annually towards wellness activities
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- A flexible working environment
We promote a high-performance culture where people are rewarded for effort and dedication. If you are interested in any of these roles and working in an exciting fast paced business with a supportive team environment sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you. Please apply by sending a copy of your CV and cover letter and tell us what role/area you are most interested in.