Medico Legal Lawyer (Full-time & Part-time) - Auckland
Two positions available -
- One full-time Lawyer
- One part-time Lawyer (0.6 FTE)
The NZ Nurses Organisation (NZNO) is the lead professional nursing organisation and union for nurses. NZNO represents the interests of more than 49,000 nurses, midwives, students, kaimahi hauora and health workers in Aotearoa/New Zealand on professional and employment related matters.
NZNO is a progressive organisation which embraces the te Tiriti o Waitangi and works to improve the health status of all people of Aotearoa/New Zealand through participation in health and social policy development.
Reporting to the Legal Services Manager, you will be a member of the legal services team providing high quality medico legal law services to NZNO members and NZNO staff, including representing members in the relevant authority/court on practice issues (e.g. Health Practitioners Disciplinary Tribunal, Coronial Inquests, Nursing Council Professional Conduct Committees and other fora) as appropriate.
You'll need to hold an LLB and have a current practicing certificate.
NZNO is a membership led organisation so excellent communication and strong advocacy skills are essential.
These positions are based in Auckland.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following essential requirements:
- Suitable experience in a similar role with expertise in medico legal law, including litigation.
- Proven experience in managing medico legal cases
- Ability to advise on difficult and complex issues
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise under pressure
- An ability to travel to meet the requirements of the position as necessary
- Commitment to te Tiriti o Waitangi and biculturalism
If you believe you have the experience, skills and qualities to join this dynamic organisation then please forward your application and curriculum vitae to:
Applications to: Justin Emerson at Justin.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 5.00pm Friday, 23 February 2018
For more information about this position; please call Justin Emerson, Legal Services Manager on 04 912 1093.