Legal Counsel - Property - Auckland
Auckland // Legal Counsel - Property +
At Mercury we see a new energy future that promises greater benefits for our customers, our country and generations to follow.
We have a wonderful foundation in New Zealand's renewable energy, which is also a strength for our business. We're excited by the possibilities with new technology. We're driven by what our customers want and their expectations for tomorrow.
At the heart of our ambition is delivering sustainable value, innovation and outstanding experiences.
Mercury's reputation is built on the quality and behaviour of our people - great individuals working together as a team to contribute to great results.
Based in Newmarket and reporting to the General Counsel you will be part of a highly regarded and commercially focussed in-house legal team working as a proactive value adding legal business partner providing risk based legal advice and related services.
Key accountabilities include:
- To work as a trusted legal business partner to understand the strategic ambitions and drivers of Mercury businesses and, within this context, provide risk based commercial legal advice and services on a wide range of issues affecting Mercury's business interests with a focus on property and infrastructure.
- To manage, with the General Counsel and other members of Mercury Legal, our external legal relationships to deliver value to Mercury's businesses through the delivery of right sized legal services, including balancing the use of internal and external resource to deliver the right result.
- To deliver proactive training and insights to Mercury's businesses on legal issues and legislative/regulatory developments.
- To play a leading role in the ongoing development of Mercury Legal, including contributing to the successful implementation of our business plan and strategic priorities and continuous improvement of our operating model to ensure excellence in the way legal services are delivered to Mercury's businesses.
- Develop and maintain effective and commercially oriented relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders to enable appropriate, commercial decisions to be made.
We are ideally looking for a candidate with 2 - 5 years' experience in-house and/or in private practice with solid commercial property experience. Infrastructure experience would be a significant plus. Interest and experience in emerging technologies would be an advantage.
Mercury employees enjoy working in a diverse, professional and co-operative team environment where professional development is encouraged. You will have access to a number of great healthcare and insurance benefits as well as playing your part in an organisation committed to the sustainable management of our environmental resources.
We want people to join Mercury who embrace our Attitude - a combination of three powerful elements that work together:
- Commit and Own it: Take ownership from start to finish
- Share and Connect: Together we can create and deliver the unique and wonderful for our customers
- Curious and Original: See the possibilities and bring them to life for our customers
If this sounds like the ideal next move in your career - to join a company determined to build its reputation for excellence - then click here for more information and to apply.