Legal Counsel Commercial - NZTA - Wellington or Auckland
Be part of a strong in-house legal team
Bring your 1-5 years post qualification experience
Wellington or Auckland based
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years’ time.
The Legal Team is here to enable the Agency to meet its strategic objectives by providing solution-focused legal advice and to help the Agency mitigate its legal risks.
As Legal Counsel, Commercial, you will report to the General Counsel, Commercial and be responsible for providing legal advice across all aspects of commercial, technology, operation of the Agency and insurance legal work for the Agency. You will work closely with key legal users across the Agency and work to build a better understanding of the strategic context, support greater visibility of the pipeline of work and enable proactive legal thinking.
This is a great opportunity for a dynamic and commercially savvy lawyer to join us in this in-house role.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
• Experience in providing advice in aspects of commercial law
• 1-5 years post-qualification experience
• The ability to connect effectively with colleagues in an environment where there is overlap between the work that teams do
• Exceptional standards of accuracy and attention to detail
• The ability to foster and build relationships
• A growth mindset and collaborative working style
• A strong customer-focus
• An ability to provide proactive and solution-focused advice that is simple, pragmatic and practical
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills
• A tertiary qualification in law
• A current New Zealand Law Society Practising certificate
Applications close Sunday 28 April 2019
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.