Legal Counsel - Auckland
Auckland Regional Public Health Service (permanent part-time...
Dynamic opportunity –NZ’s largest public health service
- Greenlane location
Are you passionate about influencing the way public health services are regulated in New Zealand? Do you want to be a part of a supportive and collaborative team? Do you want to work for an organisation who strives to protect health, prevent diseases, reduce inequities and promote wellbeing for the people and environment of Auckland? Here is an opportunity for you!
We are looking for a talented and engaging individual to complement our existing team and provide advice on Public Health Regulatory Functions.
The Auckland Regional Public Health Service (ARPHS) is New Zealand's largest public health unit, working to promote and protect the health and wellbeing of all people in the Auckland region through the provision of a wide range of high quality public health programmes.
We offer a great team culture, a wonderful work location and continuous improvement and development opportunities to our employees.
The essence of the role is:
- To provide practical advice to ARPHS staff about Public Health Regulatory functions including effective compliance with the Sale and supply of Alcohol Act 2012 and Smokefree Environments Act 1990.
- Providing efficient and timely legal advice on liquor licence applications and litigation support.
- Management and representation at District Licensing Committee and Alcohol Regulatory Licensing Authority hearings.
- Training for Compliance Officers and Medical Officers of Health, and providing a single point of contact for nationally significant issues.
- Efficient involvement in stakeholder engagement and management.
To be successful in in this position, you will:
- Be a current practicing lawyer with degree in Bachelor of Law
- Have a minimum of 4 years’ substantive litigation experience.
- Have excellent client service and relationship building skills.
- Ideally have experience working on public health related issues.
- Be resourceful, resilient and respects diversity.
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori & Pacific communities. Our organisation values diversity, inclusivity and empathy, if you do too, apply now and join us to make a positive difference and to “do your life’s best work at Auckland DHB”.
While you’ll be working within the ARPHS team, you’re also required to work under the professional guidance of Auckland DHBs General Counsel.
This is a permanent, part time role working 20 hours Monday to Friday.
Click here for full Position Description
Application Close: Tuesday 26 February
Click on the apply link below to submit your application or visit our Careers website www.careers.adhb.govt.nz and quote job reference number GRE00032 to attach your CV and covering letter.
For general enquiries, please contact Aqeela Razvi, Recruitment Consultant on email firstname.lastname@example.org
Auckland DHB is committed to the application of the Vulnerable Children Act 2014 and its intent to improve the safety of all children. This position is not a Children’s Worker role as defined by the Act.
For the largest health sector job board, visit http://www.kiwihealthjobs.com/