Legal Counsel & Company Secretary - Auckland
Legal Counsel & Company Secretary
- Full time, Permanent role
- Based in Britomart, Auckland
- Work in a high-performing team in a complex business
Westpac is a strong and trusted brand, having operated in the New Zealand market since 1861. The bank is responsible for the delivery of innovative banking products and has a continued focus on enhancing its customers’ experience with next generation banking.
We are seeking an experienced Legal Counsel & Company Secretary to join the Regulatory Affairs, Compliance & Legal Team. The vacancy has arisen following a recent internal move, and provides an opportunity to work within a high-performing team in a complex and diverse business. The role reports to the Head of Corporate Legal & Secretariat and you will be part of a small team responsible for delivering secretariat support and associated governance services to the bank. The role requires you to work closely with senior executives and directors, to manage board and committee agendas and papers, attend to reporting and filing requirements, and provide coaching and support to the business.
Your strong legal and administrative experience, and excellent interpersonal skills, will hold you in good stead as you will be accountable for the smooth operation of the board and committee functions. In addition, you will have excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships across all levels of the organisation.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- A New Zealand law society practicing certificate
- Experience working in a law firm and in-house
- Company secretariat experience
- Corporate and commercial law experience
- People-management skills and the ability to communicate and build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Proven experience in minute taking and organising meetings
- Strong ability to self-manage and prioritise competing demands
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
What’s great about working for Westpac?
We’re passionate about people and take pride in building teams that reflect the diversity in our communities. From day one, we’ll invest in your growth and empower you to take ownership of your ongoing learning and development.
As well as immersing yourself in a supportive team environment, you’ll be offered some of the best banking, wealth and insurance benefits in the market, gain access to a suite of online learning modules and career planning tools to grow with us, as well as our industry-leading superannuation programme and fantastic staff banking package.
Click here to apply today with your CV and Cover Letter. We’re also keen to have a chat with all shortlisted applicants about workplace flexibility.
You can contact John Williams at email@example.com.