Legal Counsel - Christchurch
Regenerate Christchurch was established in April 2016 to lead, support and coordinate regeneration activities across Christchurch. Our initial priority is to focus on the central city, the residential red zones and New Brighton.
As an employer, Regenerate Christchurch presents a once in a lifetime opportunity to work for an organisation that will be at the forefront of engaging with a range of stakeholders in the community, local groups, businesses and iwi to lead regeneration.
Reporting to the General Manager, Corporate Services, you will provide strategic, commercial and technical legal services to Regenerate Christchurch, whilst at the same time, minimising legal and regulatory risk for the organisation.
Regenerate Christchurch offers:
- A great work environment surrounded by a passionate and enthusiastic team
- Continuous in-role development to broaden your capability
- Commitment to your on-going wellbeing through a range of initiatives.
Our ideal candidate has:
- An affinity with and understanding of Christchurch and its communities
- An understanding of the issues and challenges specific to the recovery and regeneration of Christchurch
- Qualified barrister and solicitor with a current practicing certificate or the ability to obtain one without delay.
- A minimum of 10 years post-admission experience
- Broad experience across planning, development, administrative and property law preferred
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Well-developed experience in analysing and evaluating information from a range of information sources in order to make key decisions and/or recommendations affecting, people, policy and procedures
- The ability to act as an effective advocate and presenter who consistently demonstrates excellent judgment on a wide range of legal and related matters.
Regenerate Christchurch will operate in an evolving and ever changing environment and we are seeking candidates with a flexible, adaptable approach, who use initiative and proactively seek solutions.
To find out more about this opportunity or to request a position description please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close Monday 3 July.