Legal Counsel - 2 Vacancies - Mercury - Auckland
Legal Counsel – 2 Vacancies
- Property “Plus”
Mercury's reputation is built on the qualities of our people - great individuals in high performing teams sustaining exceptional performance over time.
Joining the 2018 ILANZ Innovation award winners and reporting to the General Counsel at our cool new building, you will work in a commercially focused team adding value across the whole business.
- The team - contributing to our operating model, business plan and strategic priorities.
- Trusted partner - understanding Mercury's strategic ambitions and drivers; providing commercial, right sized and risk based legal advice.
- Legal resource - managing external lawyers to deliver value; balancing internal and external resource to deliver the right result.
- Give something back - delivering training and insights to the business.
- Service delivery – being a change agent for legal service delivery; ensuring continuous improvement and performance excellence.
- Stakeholders - maintaining effective relationships so appropriate, commercial decisions are made.
The right person:
Qualifications and experience:
- LLB or equivalent.
- Current New Zealand practising certificate.
- Between 3 and 7 years' experience in private practice and/or in-house.
- Commercial role: Strong commercial law fundamentals; privacy and information security experience advantageous.
- Property Plus role: Infrastructure and/or utilities related property experience including land access arrangements, land acquisition, leases, easements, and licence agreements.
- Energy industry knowledge advantageous, but not essential.
Skills and competencies:
- Business partnering - understand stakeholders’ aims and drivers and provide the right balance of challenge and support in delivering legal services.
- Drives for results - has a track record of producing commercial, risk based legal services; embeds learnings and continuous improvement.
- Insight and perspective - develops knowledge of Mercury and the NZ energy landscape (legal, regulatory and political) to help develop business tactics, driving growth.
- Strategic and commercial thinking - focuses on business priorities.
- Builds relationships - develops relationships with team and stakeholders, collaboratively delivering solutions.
- Stakeholder influencing - collaborates with stakeholders, gaining support and commitment.
At Mercury you will join an IBM Best Workplace as part of a diverse, co-operative team where continual training and leadership development is encouraged. With access to great healthcare and insurance benefits, you will play your part in an organisation committed to the sustainable management of our environmental resources. Furthermore–an extra five leave days per year.
Apply now! www.mercury.co.nz/careers