Legal Counsel - Hamilton
Challenging and varied legal opportunity with Ultrafast Fibre, the innovative and rapidly growing wholesale fibre network company based in Hamilton in the Waikato.
Ultrafast Fibre Limited is responsible for the design, implementation and operation of the ultrafast broadband (UFB) network and services across the central North Island. Our Hamilton based team is the hub of the fastest growing UFB network in the country.
We are looking for a Legal Counsel to join us in supporting our General Counsel in the delivery of sound legal and regulatory support for the organisation.
The role will include:
- leading initial contract discussions, reviewing, revising and providing contract specific advice on key terms and issues
- managing company legal and policy compliance requirements
- supporting Managers to make informed commercial decisions that are in line with the company's obligations to its shareholders and UFB contracts with the Crown and retailers
- providing contract and property law advice and support
- assisting the General Counsel to manage regulatory submissions and stakeholder engagements, governance and company secretarial functions, work-flow management, legal updates, memberships, external counsel and budgets.
The role will advise primarily on the company's UFB network business, and requires the ability to proactively identify and take ownership of tasks and issues and contribute more broadly to drive the right legal outcomes for the business. This involves quickly forming effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders. This role will also work with external resources to deliver high quality legal advice that is appropriate to the company's business requirements.
This role requires that you have been admitted as a solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand and to have had at least four years' post qualification experience, coupled with experience in corporate law and working with commercial contracts. If you have experience in property law and/or have worked in a telco or other utilities then all the better!
A detailed position description can be viewed on the 'careers' page of our website.
Ultrafast Fibre offers a competitive package and a supportive working environment. If you feel this position is a good fit for your skills, experience and future career aspirations please submit an online application.