Legal Adviser, Solomon Islands (voluntary) - Honiara
Apply your legal skills to strengthen the legal mandate and legislative capability of the Solomon Islands Statistics Office (SINSO).
A recent review of statistics legislation and data sharing capacity in Solomon Islands has highlighted legal limitations within a number of acts. Working closely with SINSO management, you will support SINSO in undertaking and implementing a review of these acts.
With a focus on mentoring and capacity building, you will also help staff acquire the skills to understand the process of implementing the revised acts where they relate to specific functional areas on a day-to-day basis.
This a 2-year assignment based in Honiara.
For this assignment we are looking for someone with:
- A Bachelor of Laws or other legal-related discipline
- At least three years' post-admission experience in a government or commercial setting
- Experience providing technical assistance in the review or reforming of legal programmes and/or legislation
- The ability to undertake legal research and consultations for the preparation of advice, submissions and correspondence in relation to drafting legislation
- Experience providing training, coaching and/or mentoring in formal and informal settings
About volunteering with VSA
VSA is New Zealand's largest and most experienced volunteering agency working in international development.
We cover living allowances, accommodation and utilities. Travel, visas, insurance and medical costs are organised and funded by VSA.
Volunteers must be a NZ citizen or permanent resident.
If current VSA assignments don't suit your skills and experience you can register your interest with us and we'll let you know when something in your field is available.
How to apply
To visit this job profile on our website and download an assignment description please click here.