Legal Adviser - Serato - Auckland
Serato is one of the world leaders in audio software for professional DJs, producers and musicians. World-renowned artists such as DJ Snake, Questlove, A-Trak, Jasmine Solano and Snoop Dogg love our products and perform with them on a regular basis.
A rare opportunity has opened up within our team and we are looking for a talented person to join Serato as our Legal Adviser. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, you would be involved in various tasks such as:
- Reviewing and drafting legal documentation in a way that benefits the strategic direction of Serato across all areas of the business, including software development and integration, sales and marketing, intellectual property licensing, media and consumer law.
- Providing legal opinions, information, and recommendations to the executive team and other areas of the business.
- Stay up-to-date with changes in the law (locally and globally) to ensure Serato is legally compliant and risk is managed appropriately.
- Managing Serato's trade mark portfolio and provide recommendations to the executive team related to trade mark matters (e.g registration, defence, infringement, and enforcement)
Things we are looking for in our ideal candidate:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Analysis and interpretation skills
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to work unsupervised and highly self-motivated
- Bachelor degree in Law (Practicing certificate not necessary but advantageous);
- Exposure to commercial, intellectual property and/or international trade law
- Understanding of the legal complexities of selling globally online.
- Understanding of global IP, licensing and data privacy trends
- Minimum of 2 years experience is preferable
At Serato, our culture is of the utmost importance, and so finding someone who can also integrate well with the team and company, sharing our values of having fun whilst working hard and continually improving, is as important as ticking all the boxes. If you love technology and music and want to work at a company with a great culture, this could be the role for you.
Applications (CV and a cover letter) can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org