Lawyer - Wellington
Lawyer, Professional Responsibility
Wellington Based. Full time
- Are you passionate about maintaining high standards of teaching in New Zealand?
- Professional body
- Wellington CD
Join a small team of lawyers providing advice in a high paced environment?
We are the professional body for teachers and provide direction for the teaching profession, including teacher education and continued professional and leadership development. We are committed to lifting the status of the teaching profession and creating an organisation that honours te tiriti o Waitangi.
We need someone to join a small team of lawyers to support the investigators to ensure complaints and reports about teacher conduct or competence are fairly and robustly investigated. You will also support the prosecutions of teachers through the Disciplinary Tribunal and ensure that the Complaints Assessment Committee and Competence Authority have access to high quality legal advice.
At times you may be required to travel within New Zealand to conduct investigations and to meet with the Complaints Assessment Committee. You will need a full clean driver license.
What we are looking for:
- Proven experience (2-5 years) PQE as a lawyer, preferably with significant experience in a regulatory or litigation environment.
- A demonstrated ability to ensure timely, high quality legal advice.
- Excellent communication with stakeholders.
- Ability to working effectively in a diverse workplace with strong commitment to the te tiriti o Waitangi.
If you are looking for an opportunity to develop new skills and want to work in a supportive and vibrant environment, please apply today. Applications close on Monday 14 January.
For a copy of the Job Description, please go to www.educationcouncil.org.nz/vacancies.