Lawyer (Medico Legal) - Auckland
- Full-time position based.
- Attractive employee benefits.
The New Zealand Nurses Organisation (NZNO) is the lead professional nursing organisation and union for nurses. NZNO represents the interests of more than 49,000 nurses, midwives, students, kaimahi hauora and health workers in Aotearoa/New Zealand on professional and employment related matters.
NZNO embraces te Tiriti o Waitangi and works to improve the health status of all people of Aotearoa/New Zealand through participation in health and social policy development.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced litigation lawyer who is also skilled in medico-legal and health law practice to join our dynamic professional legal team.
NZNO provides medico-legal services to members including representation at the Health Practitioners Disciplinary Tribunal, Nursing Council Professional Conduct and Health Committees, Coroners Inquests and Health and Disability Commissioner investigations.
You will need to hold an LLB and have a current practising certificate.
The position is based in Ponsonby, Auckland.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following essential requirements:
- Minimum 5 years’ litigation experience
- Experience in medico-legal practice/health law
- Ability to manage cases autonomously
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Excellent advocacy and negotiation skills
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise under pressure
- An ability to travel to meet the requirements of the position as necessary
- Commitment to te Tiriti o Waitangi and biculturalism
If you believe you have the experience, skills and qualities to join this dynamic organisation then please forward your application and curriculum vitae to:
Applications to Hilary Graham-Smith at Hilaryg@nzno.org.nz
Applications close 5.00pm Friday, 4 May 2018
For more information about this position; please call Hilary Graham-Smith on 027 509 0343.