Junior Lawyer - Business Affairs Manager - Auckland
JUNIOR LAWYER- BUSINESS AFFAIRS MANAGER- FIXED TERM 12 MONTHS
We are looking for a commercially astute lawyer who is a team player possessing effective communication and analytical skills, to provide legal support to SKY's General Entertainment and Sports Content Acquisitions teams.
The purpose of this role is to assist with:
- The successful and timely negotiation and finalisation of programming contracts;
- The correct utilisation of licensed rights within the business; and
- Support for other ad hoc content related legal and business affairs queries as they arise.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Liaising closely with the Content Acquisitions teams, internal and external legal advisors and content providers to draft, negotiate and finalise content licensing agreements, tender documents and other related documentation.
- In consultation with the manager, providing direction to the business regarding the interpretation of relevant contractual provisions.
- Assisting with the maintenance of the Acquisitions teams' template contracts and clause banks.
- Liaising with content distributors regarding content security documentation.
- Building and maintaining solid relationships with content providers and internal stakeholders.
- Becoming a SME re SKY's platforms and applicable rights, particularly rights for next generation platforms.
- Tertiary qualification with a minimum 2-4 years previous work experience within a Commercial, IP or Media team in a well-regarded commercial law firm or in-house legal role in a medium/large corporate.
- Experience in reviewing contracts, familiarity with standard legal phrases and ability to summarise and communicate issues arising from review.
- Experience drafting non-standard agreements within a highly regarded legal practice or experience in negotiating programming related contracts preferred.
- At ease preparing numerical spreadsheets and analysing/interpreting data.
- Proven record of delivering accurate and timely work in an environment involving deadlines.
- Competency at user level on Microsoft software applications and programme management systems software.
Working for SKY
As New Zealand's leading pay television Company, we're fanatical about creating an incredible viewing experience for Kiwis, right across the long white cloud.
From action flicks to adventure documentaries, live sport to breaking news – we broadcast more than 110 channels, including a sweet variety of niche channels, giving Kiwis their daily fix of TV's best content. With over 20 years in the business, we love working hard to reward more than 800,000 customers with unique experiences, everyday. If this sounds like something you would love to get into, apply now, and Come with Us!
Applicants must be available for immediate interview and hold the necessary immigration papers to work in New Zealand. Click here to apply.