Junior Solicitor/ Legal Clerk - Waikato
AFFCO New Zealand Ltd is a long established meat processor and marketer, and has a global reputation as a manufacturer of quality beef and sheep meats, and associated by-products. AFFCO serves both global and New Zealand markets, supported by an operation which includes twelve processing plants situated throughout New Zealand.
We are seeking a hard-working and organised junior solicitor or law clerk to support our current in-house legal team in a fast paced and competitive environment. The position will be based at our Hamilton Head Office.
AFFCO is looking for someone who can assist our current in-house lawyer in ensuring the provision of high level and timely legal advice and services to the Company. The candidate will be required to undertake legal research, assist in the preparation of legal documents (including agreements, Court documents, submissions), liaison with internal staff and management and assist with document storage, maintain registers and file management.
Personal attributes we are seeking include:
- A Bachelor of Laws (LLB) or equivalent qualification (a practising certificate issued by the New Zealand Law Society or the ability to obtain one in a timely manner will be desirable but not essential);
- Able to provide a high level of work within multiple priorities and strict deadlines;
- Good commercial awareness and sound corporate knowledge;
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- A "can do" and enthusiastic attitude
If you believe that you are the right person to take on this challenging, varied and rewarding role, then please send a cover letter and CV to Max Williams, Company Lawyer, AFFCO New Zealand Ltd, Private Bag 3301, Hamilton 3240, New Zealand or email@example.com