Legal Counsel - Property and Construction - Auckland
Auckland Transport is shaping Auckland, focused on delivering transport choices for a growing Auckland. We are shaping Auckland with a variety of infrastructure projects in design, construction and delivery stages.
We are looking for a Legal Counsel specialising in Property & Construction to support the completion of these complex infrastructure projects through the project life cycle.
Reporting to the General Counsel, the Legal Counsel will provide considered legal advice across a broad range of matters on behalf of Auckland Transport. They will also provide specialist legal advice on:
- The Public Works Act to support the Property Acquisition Team for the development of new transport infrastructure
- Infrastructure funding and negotiations for special housing areas
- Complex infrastructure works
We are looking for
- Tertiary qualification in law and current practising certificate
- Significant post-qualification experience in property and construction
- Specialist knowledge of the Public Works Act and local government legislation
- Experience negotiating and working with complex funding arrangements
- Great stakeholder management
Working for Auckland Transport
This role is highly varied and rewarding and our team is highly dedicated to making sure we get it right for Aucklanders. Auckland Transport is also committed to flexible working arrangements to enable a work life balance for our staff while also giving our staff the training and development opportunities to develop their career.
If you're looking for an opportunity to be part of our plan for Auckland, apply now.