In-house Legal Counsel - Astrolab - Auckland
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced lawyer to join our Auckland based team in a part-time capacity (15-25hrs per week). In this role you will work closely with the leadership team and stakeholders across Astrolab and its ventures, on strategic, legal, and regulatory issues relating to company law generally, early-stage capital raising, new product development, supply chain and export. Not only will you draft, review and negotiate a wide range of contractual arrangements including employment and independent contractor agreements, you will also deal with ad hoc legal issues, protect IP, manage disputes and engage with stakeholders. In addition you will be called on to implement a legal compliance framework and ensure that good governance is embedded in Astrolab and its ventures.
Skills and experience required:
- Relevant legal qualification (PQE 10+yrs) and commercial experience.
- Demonstratable experience reconciling and negotiating legal positions.
- Commercial focus experience, with a strong knowledge of company law and governance obligations. Intellectual property management experience is a bonus.
- Solid written and oral presentation and communications skills, including strong attention to detail (which is a must in our environment of broad activity).
- Ability to work well under pressure and, from time to time, within tight deadlines on short notice and be proactive in seeking answers and solutions.
- Some locational flexibility may be required, although the role will be based in Auckland some national travel may be required.
- Competent in the use of MS applications including Outlook and Word. Excel and Powerpoint experience beneficial.
Astrolab is a business that assesses novel, advanced technologies (intellectual property / inventions / scientific discoveries) then, if those technologies are compelling, turns them into new business ventures targeting offshore revenues. Astrolab works with technologies across various sectors from environmental, agritech, medical, through to infrastructure and pure ICT. Astrolab’s work specialises in new-venture commercial-investigation, strategy, funding, structuring / joint ventures, governance, operational excellence and other areas of specialised commercial capability.
How to apply:
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role to email@example.com