Immigration Manager - People Advisory Services - Auckland
At EY, we'll help you fulfil your career aspirations. Due to continued success and growth, an exciting opportunity exists for an Immigration Manager to join our highly regarded Immigration team which is a part of our People Advisory Services group.
With more than 10,000 professionals globally, joining People Advisory Services gives you the opportunity to manage the complex challenges of deploying a globally mobile workforce. People Advisory Services advises clients on the design and implementation of total reward strategies, advises on HR and payroll transformation, helps manage HR compliance and risk, provides strategic advice on mobility programs including global immigration services and also offers technology advisory services and project management. By helping to integrate the people agenda into their business strategy, we help our clients improve their business in the evolving global economy and realise sustainable economic growth.
Working closely with engagement teams, you will provide immigration advice and communicate immigration strategies for clients across New Zealand. This will involve accurate analysis of a clients needs, and preparing practical and creative solutions for their business.
Your key responsibilities
- Providing expertise to clients and managing their immigration needs, and effectively apply immigration policy and operational knowledge to client situations
- Managing your time across multiple engagements, ensuring compliance with budgetary requirements and timetable
- Co-responsibility for the work of the consulting staff of the Group, liaising with partners and principals as required
- Demonstrating a deep understanding of New Zealand immigration instructions and operational protocols including the underlying principles of New Zealand immigration policy.
- Discussing current immigration policy with engagement teams and, keeping informed of current immigration policy developments
- Participating in and leading education sessions and courses
- Mentoring and supervising team members, including delegating work and providing feedback and training
Skills and attributes for success
- Practical and strategic experience in immigration consultation and policy
- Proven people management experience and ability to share knowledge and work collaboratively
- Extensive research and analytical ability and excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels with internal & external stakeholders
To qualify for the role you must have
- Minimum of 5 years practical immigration consulting experience
- A current license issued by the Immigration Adviser’s Authority
What we look for
- Were looking for an immigration leader with a positive attitude and integrity who has the ability to effectively knowledge share with colleagues and clients.
What working at EY offers
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.