Senior Consultant - Immigration - People Advisory Services - Wellington
At EY our plan is to be the leading global professional services organisation by 2020. We are committed to doing our part in building a better working world. To achieve these things we need to have the right people in the right places.
The Immigration Services team is responsible for assisting multinational corporations as well as New Zealand based companies to obtain employment and business related visas for inbound and outbound employees as well as new hires in need of work visas and residence. We assist employees and businesses with the visa process and assist generally with ensuring that our clients are in compliance with New Zealand and overseas immigration regulations. We also assist investors and entrepreneurs with the appropriate visa applications.
Your key responsibilities
In your role as an Immigration Senior Consultant you will be responsible for:
- Work effectively with key client personnel, providing immigration advice along with identifying and communicating immigration strategies, and/or service issues with engagement team members and clients.
- Managing multiple cases and assisting in conducting preliminary client assessments to ascertain the best course of action
- Preparing submissions using your sound knowledge of immigration policies in line with the clients individual circumstances
- Keeping abreast of changes in legislation and policy and acting as a trusted advisor
- Supporting the team in researching and preparing cases
- Keeping an accurate and timely record of all paper and electronic files pertaining to each client
- Providing first class service to your stakeholders and acting with pace, energy and integrity to ensure the best possible outcome for our clients
Skills and attributes for success
- Ability to work in a fast paced consultancy environment and manage a high volume of cases at any one time
- Outstanding attention to detail and high level of accuracy on all work outputs
- High standard of written and oral communication, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels with internal & external clients.
To qualify for the role you must have capability with some or all of these attributes:
- Must hold a full or provisional license issued by the New Zealand Immigration Advisers Authority
- Hold at least 3 years’ commercial experience in a relevant field
What we look for
We’re interested in flexible professionals, who are not afraid of challenges and think critically and creatively and who are used to working in a dynamic environment. You will make reasonable assumptions and present thoughts in a structured, well- articulated and unambiguous manner. If you have a strong desire to develop a career in business/consulting, then this is the role for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognised for the value you bring to the business. Our structured career framework means you’ll continue to develop, whatever level you’re at. And with a truly global integrated network, you’ll liaise with colleagues and clients across sectors and borders. So whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. We also offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.