Head of Legal - Waste Management - Auckland
- Rare, legal leadership opportunity.
- Become an integral part of a market leading, diverse business.
- Auckland based.
As the leading resource recovery, recycling and waste and environmental services provider in New Zealand, Waste Management NZ Limited plays a critical role in keeping New Zealand beautiful for future generations. As a diverse and future focused business, Waste Management is a trusted leader in delivering innovative services and solutions to manage and/or recycle New Zealand's current and future waste in a responsible and sustainable way.
We have an exciting opportunity for a commercially savvy senior lawyer to join Waste Management NZ Limited as Head of Legal. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer you will be a trusted advisor to the Executive Management Team, General Managers, Regional Managers and other stakeholders across the business, ensuring that legal issues and risks are well managed. You will deliver sound, timely and commercially focused legal advice across all aspects of the business and manage a small and highly effective legal team. The scope of legal work is diverse, high quality and interesting and includes; strategic and commercial agreements, corporate transaction support, litigation and disputes, consumer law, competition law, health and safety, intellectual property, resource management and property law issues. In addition, you will have input on major strategic projects, keep the business updated on legal and regulatory change, deliver training on key issues and manage external legal advisors when required.
The ideal candidate we seek will have:
- A tertiary qualification in law and current NZ practising certificate (or eligibility to hold one)
- Minimum 15 years' experience in commercial and corporate law complemented by 'generalist' knowledge in other broad legal areas
- Prior experience as a legal advisor in a corporate environment preferred
- Proven leadership skills and strategic ability
- A high level of commercial awareness with the ability to provide pragmatic, solutions-focused advice
- Superior relationship management skills with the ability to relate at all levels
This is a rare and compelling career opportunity to add real value in a legal leadership role that combines operational and strategic elements. With brand new state-of the-art premises opening in East Tamaki from 2020, a dedicated and passionate workforce of over 1,700 employees, and a clear sustainability strategy in place to safeguard our environment for future generations, this is an ideal time to join a market leading business that is positively resourceful!
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity and to obtain a copy of the position description, please contact Jennifer Williams at Williams Legal Recruitment on 027 220 8003 or email@example.com