Group Legal Counsel - Auckland
- Career step into an in house role.
- Diversity of work and transactions.
- Strong external relationships.
Group Legal Counsel will deliver accurate and timely legal advice and services to the Heartland group (including through management of external legal providers). You will identify, understand and manage key legal issues for the Heartland group, in the context of specific material transactions, new product development and ordinary course of business.
- Provision of legal advice and other transactional support to the business teams in execution of material transactions for the Heartland group
- Ensuring compliance by the Heartland group with the key contractual and regulatory requirements affecting group operations including, for example, the NZX Listing Rules and RBNZ prudential supervision requirements
- Active contribution to the legal team’s strategic goals and early identification of legal issues relevant to the Heartland group.
- Assisting with company secretarial matters.
- Assisting with product development
With 4 – 7 PQE you may come from a law firm, or an in house background. Willing to work autonomously as well as part of a team, you are flexible and adaptable. With strong interpersonal and communication skills, keys to your success will include:
- Experience in corporate / commercial law
- Banking/financial services background
- Strong drafting and analytical skills
Heartland Bank is a different kind of bank. We challenge the banking status quo and deliver radically better customer experiences by providing innovative ‘best or only’ banking products in niche markets under-serviced by the major banks.
We have a fast paced rapid change work environment so agility, grit, resilience and a sense of urgency is valued. We challenge our people to think laterally and to shake things up as we drive at pace to achieve and then exceed our goals.
This role comes with a generous salary, life insurance, trauma insurance, income protection insurance, subsidised medical insurance and the opportunity to build a business and your career. Apply now!