General Counsel - Te Wānanga o Aotearoa - Waikato
General Counsel - Te Wānanga o Aotearoa
Te Awamutu, Waikato
Permanent, full time
We are seeking applications for a General Counsel within Te Wānanga o Aotearoa. This is an opportunity for someone to join NZ’s second largest tertiary institution and gain valuable experience in a Māori organisation.
The General Counsel is a member of the Taumatua department – Strategy, Performance & Quality Assurance, reporting to the Executive Director and as such holds a strategically influential role within the organisation.
The General Counsel is responsible for:
- undertaking legal research and providing advice on complex legal matters;
- providing legal counsel to Governance, Executive, internal and external committees;
- managing external legal advice and contracts
- supporting strategic initiatives, organisational goals and decisions through customer and quality focused service level delivery;
- managing organisational Whakairo Hinengaro (Intellectual Property);
- managing the Ngā Ture Whakapai (Legislative Compliance) Framework; and
- working collaboratively with stakeholders by: imparting knowledge and expertise in a way that enhances consistency of legal application and practice; aligns with TWoA values; and follows professional best practice.
The ability or willingness to understand and converse in te reo Māori and an excellent understanding of Māori values, culture and tikanga is preferred. Te Wānanga o Aotearoa is committed to supporting kaimahi through the continuous development of te Reo Māori ability and individual professional capability.
For further information and to apply for this role, please view our website: www.twoa.careercentre.net.nz
Te Wānanga o Aotearoa is closed over the Christmas period from 15 December 2018, reopening 7 January 2019. Any queries will be responded to when we return.
Applications close 15 January 2019