Employment Relations Manager - Auckland
- In-house Employment Lawyer.
- Great opportunity to expand your horizon.
At Fonterra we employ over 22,000 people worldwide. Productive employment relationships are an important aspect of our business performance, so the partnership our Employment Relations team has with the business is highly valued for its strategic and operational insight and support.
Our Employment Relations Managers work to create an environment that is aware of, and focused on employee relations, supporting business improvement and managing the risk of employment related issues to the business. Reporting to the General Manager Employment Relations, key responsibilities include:
- Providing expert advice, support and coaching to managers and HR on employment related issues;
- Managing, investigating, and resolving complex employment relations issues;
- Conducting investigations into ER related complaints and providing recommendations to the business;
- Attending mediations and managing litigation to mitigate employment related risk to the business;
- Managing and advising on personal grievances and employment relationship problems and disputes.
We're looking for a lawyer who has proven experience in Employment Law within a specialist employment law team. You will have the confidence to work with a wide variety of stakeholders across our business, as well as unions. Additionally, we're looking for someone who aligns themselves to Fonterra's values – Do What's Right, Make it Happen, Challenge Boundaries, and share with us a Cooperative Spirit.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will have:
- Proven experience in the application of employment law within New Zealand;
- Excellent working knowledge of New Zealand employment law and practice;
- The ability to create and apply practical solutions to employment related issues;
- A Tertiary qualification in Law and a current practicing certificate.
The Global People Solutions team is charged with transforming the performance of our people and processes to deliver on Fonterra's strategy. This includes keeping our people safe, promoting a vibrant 'One Fonterra' culture and providing the most efficient business services possible.
Work within a supportive and collaborative team to drive strategic employment relations in partnership with the wider business and unions. If you are looking for an opportunity to work for New Zealand's largest business then please apply at your earliest convenience!
Be at the forefront of dairy nutrition – join us today.