Corporate Solicitor - Auckland
We are New Zealand's largest trustee services organisation and are passionate about helping thousands of families and businesses look after what is important to them. We help our customers preserve the present and secure their future, by providing expert wills and estate administration services. We also provide specialist advice on a full range of estate planning services including; legal, financial, investment, trusts and estate protection.
This role sits within the Legal and Governance team, who are responsible for providing legal support services across the organisation. Reporting to the Commercial Services Counsel and working closely with the Corporate Counsel, you will provide high quality, practical advice across the business. Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Managing privacy and official information act requests
- Assisting with the development and management of a framework to monitor regulatory reforms
- Providing legal advice to Public Trust's Corporate Trustee Services, Investments and Fee
- Protect teams
- Assisting with governance and company secretarial matters e.g. dealing with Companies
- Office obligations, assisting with corporate governance documentation
- Provide general corporate and commercial advice e.g. commercial contracting, leasing, I.P matter, indemnities
The successful candidate will have excellent time management and the ability to deliver a high standard of work within set targets and deadlines. You will enjoy working as part of a team, but also be able to work well autonomously. It goes without saying that you will have exceptional oral and written communication skills and be able to build strong relationships with people at all levels.
In addition you will need:
- LLB with a minimum of two years PQE and some experience in relevant areas of law: privacy, corporate/commercial, financial markets, regulatory, employment, IP, company and governance
- A current New Zealand Law Society practising certificate
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written
- Experience with the MS Office suite
This is a great opportunity to join Public Trust as we continue to grow and evolve, in a role with variety, where no two days are the same. You will be part of a supportive and inclusive team that has a mix of expertise, so there are definitely opportunities to learn and grow. If this sounds like you, apply now and don't miss this exciting opportunity!
Please note to encourage development opportunities for our people this role is initially open to internal applications only.
To view the job description and apply online, visit us at https://careers.publictrust.co.nz/home and enter the job code 23720SEK.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday, 13 August 2018.