Corporate Legal Counsel - Auckland
- Based in Britomart, Auckland
- Work in a high-performing team in a complex business
Westpac is a strong and trusted brand, having operated in the New Zealand market since 1861. The bank is responsible for the delivery of innovative banking products and has a continued focus on enhancing its customers’ experience with next generation banking.
We are seeking a Corporate Legal Counsel to join the Regulatory Affairs, Compliance & Legal Team. The role reports to the Head of Corporate Legal & Secretariat and you will be part of a small team responsible for delivering corporate legal advice and services to the bank.
The role requires you to work closely with senior executives and a wide range of stakeholders across the business. You will be advising on corporate and governance activity across the New Zealand group. Enhance your CV with a role at a leading corporate whilst gaining exposure to both legal and commercial best practise and achieving work-life balance.
What you’ll need to succeed
Your stellar legal experience and excellent organisational and interpersonal skills will hold you in good stead. In addition, you will have great communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- A New Zealand law society practicing certificate
- Top tier law firm experience in a corporate or commercial team
- The ability to communicate and build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong ability to self-manage and prioritise competing demands
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
What’s great about working for Westpac?
We’re passionate about people and take pride in building teams that reflect the diversity in our communities. From day one, we’ll invest in your growth and empower you to take ownership of your ongoing learning and development. As well as immersing yourself in a supportive team environment, you’ll be offered some of the best banking, wealth and insurance benefits in the market, gain access to a suite of online learning modules and career planning tools to grow with us, as well as our industry-leading superannuation programme and fantastic staff banking package.