Corporate Finance Lawyer - ASB - Auckland
- Career opportunity with complexity and challenge
- High-profile stakeholders and transactions
- Minimum 7 years PQE
The ASB banking legal team provides legal support across the bank's retail, business, corporate, global markets and treasury teams. The role principally supports our global markets and treasury teams, with complex, often high-profile transactions and legal work.
- Providing legal support in respect of ASB's funding programmes, both domestic and off-shore, including derivatives and collateral arrangements
- Advice and support re compliance with domestic and off-shore regulations, including supervisory obligations
- Ensuring the early identification, and assessment of proposed, as well as new, legal obligations within the global markets and treasury teams
- Liaise and represent ASB with external lawyers and advisers, regulators and industry organisations as required
- Supporting regulatory and business projects across the wider bank including business banking and corporate banking
You will be an excellent lawyer, with some experience of debt capital markets, securitisation or derivatives, or with a strong desire to gain experience in these areas. Given the nature of the areas of business you will be advising, familiarity and comfort with fast paced and complex operating environments is essential. As is effective stakeholder management through to a senior executive level.
You must hold, or be eligible to hold, a NZ practising certificate and ideally offer a minimum of 7 years PQE relevant private practice or in-house experience.
Our industry and operating environments are undergoing an exciting period of change. This is an ideal opportunity to add value in a portfolio that is key to ASB's continued success. One of our values is 'United'. We work together as a team for our Customers. We bring our different perspective and strengths to achieve ASB's goals together. Along with a supportive team and career growth, we also offer a competitive package and benefits.
We are an organisation that truly embraces diversity and inclusion, As part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we cultivate a flexible and supportive work environment that meets the needs of our people and our business.
For further information and to submit an online application, follow this link.