Corporate Counsel - Stantec - Wellington
Your opportunity to join Stantec’s winning team
We know that what we do really matters, which is why at Stantec we design with community in mind.
Stantec unites about 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Therefore, it is no wonder we have community on our mind because we are a part of it. When we take on a water, transport or infrastructure project we see more than a resource, we see an opportunity to make lasting connections with the people and places where we live and work. So, when you join us, you become part of a team with a nearly 200-year history in providing solutions that begin at the intersection of community, creativity and client relationships.
We are looking for an experienced in-house lawyer to join our team which provides legal advice to our Asia Pacific business. In this role you will be the Principal Counsel for our Transportation and Urban Planning businesses but may be asked to provide assistance across all of our sectors including Water, Dams and Hydro and Buildings.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Reviewing and providing commercially focussed advice on a large range of consultancy agreements, sub-consultancy agreements, joint ventures, and alliances;
- Assisting the procurement team with leases and other supplier agreements;
- Advising on disputes and management of litigation
- Assisting with mergers and acquisitions
- Providing high quality strategic advice on the legal risks and issues associated with Stantec’s business in the region
What we’re looking for:
- At least 6 years’ of general commercial law experience gained in a quality legal firm environment, or in house along with relevant qualifications.
- A good understanding of legal and commercial aspects of contracts, with a specific focus on engineering consultancy or construction would be an advantage.
- Your “client-set” will be broad and vast and you will need the ability to communicate with, and explain legal concepts to technical staff, project managers, and business developers and operations managers.
- The ability to work autonomously and across a large number of matters at once
- The ability to prioritise competing demands
- a confident problem solver
- Excellent commercial judgement and a willingness to make decisions and drive projects
This challenging role involves an interesting caseload focussing on Australia and New Zealand, plus some involvement on matters from other parts of Asia Pacific
What we offer
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing.
- Flexible Working Arrangements including purchasing up to 4 weeks additional leave and provision for school term contracts.
- Learning and Talent Development Programs including Global programmes, online learning and on-the-job learning
- Mentoring for your own development and the opportunity to mentor others
- Professional Memberships
- Health Insurance – Income Continuance Insurance (ICI) – Life Insurance
- Service Recognition Awards
- Employee Assistance Program
How to apply
To discuss this opportunity further, please contact Margaret McMeel on +64 9 580 4502 or mobile +64 275 442 930.
Applications close on Sunday 17th November 2019