Corporate Counsel (12 Month Fixed-term Contract) - Auckland
Public Trust is New Zealand's largest trustee services organisation. We are proud of what we have achieved over the last 140 years and we are passionate about helping thousands of families and businesses look after what is important to them.
By putting our customers at the centre of what we do, we help our customers preserve the present and secure their future. We provide specialist advice on a full range of estate planning services including; legal, financial, investment, trusts and estate protection.
We have spent the last few years transforming our business to ensure we have effective tools in place that enable our employees to be a trusted advisors through the lifetime of our customers.
About the role
Public Trust has entered the final stage of our business transformation - getting our business ready for growth. The Corporate Counsel position sits within our in-house Legal and Governance team, who are responsible for providing legal support services across the organisation.
Reporting to the General Manager Legal and Governance, you will partner with the business to provide high quality, practical corporate/ commercial legal advice on a range of matters and activities, enabling the effective identification and management of Public Trust’s risks and the achievement of its objectives.
As the successful candidate you will have solid senior legal experience, excellent time management skills and the ability to deliver a high standard of work within set targets and deadlines. You will enjoy working as part of a team, but also be able to work well autonomously.
What we need from you:
- A minimum of five or more year's legal experience ideally within banking and finance or financial services
- Senior experience from either in-house or within a private practice firm
- A good level of commercial and legal acumen with proven expertise in some or all of: contract and commercial law, consumer law, privacy law, intellectual property law, company law, financial transactions, governance and regulatory change
- Strong relationship management skills and a reputation for results
- The ability to take direction, and implement strategy
- Prioritise effectively under pressure, meet deadlines and to process work in a timely manner
- The ability to influence and communicate complex matters in a simple to understand way
This is a role with variety, flexibility and where no two days are the same. You will work with various stakeholders and teams based across New Zealand to help deliver quality outcomes to Public Trust and our customers. This role will equip you with the knowledge and skills required to develop into a senior role. If this sounds like you, apply now and don't miss this exciting opportunity!
For any queries please email us at email@example.com(Please note: Applications must be submitted online and will not be accepted via email).
To view the job description and apply online, visit us at https://careers.publictrust.co.nz/home and enter the job code 23960SEK.
Applications close: Friday, 19 October 2018.