Contracts Lawyer (fixed term)
- Flexible Monday to Friday working hours
- Great locations – Waihi or Dunedin
- Varied work within a successful growing business
Are you looking for a fresh challenge? OceanaGold has an exciting opportunity for a Contracts
Lawyer to join the team on a fixed term basis to provide legal advice on contracts, agreements, and other commercial and contractual relationships the company enters. The fixed term role is currently for 6 to 12 months with a possibility of extending further. The location for this role can either be Waihi or Dunedin.
For this role we require a minimum of 20 hours to be worked Monday-Friday, there is also the
option to increase to full time. You will be working alongside the existing Contracts Lawyer and
providing support in a busy, exciting, and challenging phase of the Company’s life cycle. We’re
after a self-starting motivated individual who can hit the ground running within this busy
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Review and provide legal support and advice in respect of all Principal’s Representatives’ activities
- Assist with contract reviews, negotiations, and legal-commercial context
- Instruct and liaise with external legal advisors and consultants to ensure contractual and legal actions have been taken
The successful candidate will possess:
- Minimum of 5 years PQE
- A thorough understanding of commercial and contractual documentation and practice
- Advanced interpersonal, negotiating and analytical skills
OceanaGold Corporation is an emerging multinational gold and copper producer with over 24 years
of operating sustainably in New Zealand and more recently in the Philippines and United States.
In New Zealand, OceanaGold operates the country’s largest gold operation at the Macraes
Goldfield in the South Island and Waihi Gold Mine in the North Island. OceanaGold has an
unwavering commitment to the environment and to the host communities in which we operate.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | INTEGRITY | TEAMWORK | INNOVATION | ACTION | ACCOUNTABILITY
If you share the same values, then this is a great opportunity for you. Please apply online now via
our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close Wednesday 21 June 2017
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand or hold a valid Work Permit.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED