Company Secretary - Auckland
- Fantastic opportunity, giving you interaction at the highest level of our organisation
- Based in Auckland
Creating Great Together
We believe in enabling a high achieving NZ, by supporting our local communities and designing customer led experiences and solutions that enable people to manage and use money to do great things. For our people this means we create an environment where you can try new things, deliver innovative solutions and be empowered to put your energy into being you and doing some of the best work of your career.
The BNZ Governance team has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Company Secretary to join them.
About the role:
You'll work collaboratively with the General Manager of Governance and Governance Executive in the corporate governance of the organisation.
- Provide governance advice to BNZ and subsidiary boards, directors and management, including advice on governance issues and internal processes;
- Attend Board and committee meetings and associated functions (some travel is required);
- Co-ordinate, monitor and prepare all documents associated with the Board / Committees including agendas and papers, correspondence, minutes, action items & calendar
As an excellent communicator, you'll be comfortable engaging with a wide range of senior stakeholders and can demonstrate your ability to liaise, negotiate, engage and debate at all levels. You will thrive in a fast paced environment and be thoroughly organised, deadline driven and highly accurate in all that you do. You'll also have a LLB qualification (with a strong academic record) and be currently enrolled as a barrister and solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand.
Banking or finance industry experience is preferred, but not essential.
Working Flexibly at BNZ
We're committed to creating an energising workplace for our people and offer a variety of different flexible working arrangements to enable us to be our best inside and outside of work, while still delivering for our customers. Talk to us about how we can make this role work for you.
Some of our other benefits include:
- Great staff banking benefits
- Generous leave entitlements - including flexible sick leave and domestic leave
- Option to purchase an additional 1-2 weeks annual leave
- Discretionary performance incentive schemes
- Flexible working options
Want to join our successful governance team and be part of enabling a high achieving New Zealand? Apply now!