Commercial Lawyer - Getaflex - Auckland
Commercial Lawyer - Great part time hours
A fantastic opportunity is being advertised on Getaflex for a commercial lawyer in Auckland to join a dynamic and successful IT consultancy, Theta, in a part-time (12-16 hours per week) position.
As a consultancy, Theta knows that their people are their greatest asset. They have a healthy company culture and promote a good work-life balance.
Following consistent growth over the last ten years, they’re now looking for a part-time Commercial Lawyer to support their Commercial and Sales Team with legal and commercial services for customer engagements and supplier partnerships.
The part-time role requires a hands-on mix of legal work and practical business support services. This involves a variety of work for someone with IT sector experience and commercial skills. Hours will vary between 12 and 16 hours per week with flexibility for school holidays.
In this role you will provide legal and transactional advice for a range of IT commercial issues:
- Provide legal services for negotiation of master terms with customers, and terms and variations for project engagements
- Provide intellectual property and licencing advice for third-party vendor agreements and Theta’s own products
- Support our relationship managers to document data security and privacy requirements and systems
- Enhance document management systems and processes
- Other areas of commercial law occurring occasionally including property and personnel
Skills and experience specifics:
- Law degree plus 5 years PQE in commercial law in a relevant business or in-house practice
- Understanding of practical issues relevant to professional services and IT project solutions implementation
- Good relationship building and influencing skills
- An interest and understanding of the IT sector generally including intellectual property and licensing, cyber security and privacy issues.
Theta is a leading NZ owned business applications consultancy with nearly 300 staff and offices in Auckland, Wellington, Tauranga, and Christchurch. They’re analytics, digital, business solutions and systems management specialists. Theta helps organisations transform their businesses with technology. They design, deliver and support intelligent, innovative solutions that improve processes, solve problems and generate new insights.
Please apply via Getaflex link: https://www.getaflex.co.nz/job/theta-auckland-part-time-flexible-commercial-lawyer-great-part-time-hours/
Applications Close: 10 July 2019